Manufacturing includes a different type of products, operations, components, people, machines, technology and so on. There are a different type of operational technology adopted by the companies for producing goods from raw material to finished product, or products for build other products.
Industrial Internet helps manufactures to connect Operational Technology with Information Technology. It makes the enterprise to merge operational and information departments.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) is a network of artificial intelligence devices and objects which collects the huge number of data and send to cloud based services and then share with end user. It enables sensors, instruments, devices to be connected and transmission data. This will dramatically change the skill set required for the manufacturing industry
Artificial intelligence is going to play a major role in the manufacturing sector. Blue collar jobs are going to become white collar jobs.
Simple flow diagram about IIOT as follows:
Benefits of IIOT:
- Improves operational efficiency.
- Increase productivity
- Companies can create a new business model
- Machines downtime gradually decreased.
- Maximum utilization of resources
- Enhancing workers safety
- Security: Poorly designed devices will explore user’s data.
- Compatibility: Every machine are not equipped with advanced sensors and networking capacity.
- Connectivity: If networking devices are not connected properly, that will create monitoring and tracking problems.
- Handling unstructured data: Retrieving of unstructured data will be bit complex.
Industrial Internet helps to boost economic development through the manufacturing sector and human resource development.
Now it’s a time to rethink products and services, reinvent business models, and retrain the workforce.